Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Best Part of My Job

So the business is heading into it's 6th month.  Half a year has flown by and I don't know how it's happened so fast, but I am racing to get to the next 6 months and see what the 1 year mark has to show.  But I have to say, this has been one of the best experiences of my life.  It's been challenging, nervewracking and thrilling.  And the absolute best part of my job has been working with and for the clients I've developed over this amazing period of time.

My main reason for starting a Personal Chef business was the fact that I wanted to work one on one with people again.  When you work in the restaurant business you can put out plate after plate of food all at a breakneck pace and never once see the face of someone who eats it.  Do they like it?  Are they thrilled?  Do they want to throw the plate back in your face?  I'll never know.  And the issue with me was that I truly cared about knowing the answers to those questions.  

Food for me is an expression of love, caring and nurturing.  I don't take shortcuts.  That soup I made you started with stock made with the chicken bones I roasted and then covered with water and aromatics and turned into the best Chicken Noodle Soup you've ever had.  Everything I make starts from scratch.  And everything I serve you comes from a starting point of wanting to make something you'll absolutely love.

So when a client walks into their house after a long day at work and comes into the kitchen to find me finishing up and says: "My God the house smells fantastic!  And I don't have to do anything but enjoy it!  I love you."  Well you've got to know, that's the best part of my job.  And I love you right back.  And I do that for every client I have.  You may only want a turkey sandwich from me, but you'll get a Turkey Sandwich with smoked paprika aioli and most likely tomatoes from my own garden.  Or dishes with herbs I've grown myself.  Little touches like that are just an automatic extension of who I am as a chef.  It's who I am as Your Personal Chef.  

So Thanks!  Whats the best part of my job?  You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment